Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day Three: One Great Knitter

Day Three- Also happens to be Over the Hump Day! Although I kinda despise Wednesdays. Today's topic is One Great Knitter.I have two knitting related inspiration in the world. One is Elizabeth Zimmermann. While she passed away in 1999, she's definitely an inspiration today. She literally revolutionized knitting into what it is, and she's one of the best people I could ever have read. I read Knitting Without Tears, and the techniques described are amazing. For the time they were published, the ideas she had written were brand new, and just revolutionary. Reading her is like having her sitting next to you, teaching each method, and explaining it well. I could never get tired of that.
My second is Ysolda Teague. She's pretty young and Scottish and her designs are FANTASTIC. Her projects are young, beautifully photographed, and the directions are well written. While I've only made one of her projects, I love looking through her Flickr, and blog. I'm saving my ball of Catkin specifically for the Ishbel set that she designed. In addition, she seems like a genuinely sweet person. I sent her a message on Ravelry, and within two days I got a response from her assistant Sarah. It doesn't seem like much, but there are messages I have sent that never get responded to, and to have a response really means something.
Below is her first book, Whimsical Little Knits. She also released a second version, and a new sweater collection. Progress photos are up on Flickr and I CANNOT wait.
So tell me. Who do you find to be 'One Great Knitter'?

Click here to see all posts tagged with knitcroblo3!

No comments:

Post a Comment