Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day Two: An Inspiration Pattern

Day 2! Thank Goodness these come with topics or else I'd probably be lazy and not do anything.

My secret inspirational pattern is probably one of Ysolda Teague's patterns. I especially adoreCoraline, which motivated me to think outside the box when it came to something I wanted to knit. It's just such a cute sweater!
Copyright Ysolda Teague.

I've never made a sweater before, although I'm tempted to argue that a shawl (take Onerva for example. Finnish and charts that don't make sense) must be harder than a sweater.
THIS WAS THE HOMESTRETCH.
I've tackled sweater knitting like they're astrophysics- read up a lot, take notes, and construct something basic and theoretical, which seems like a sound theory. Of course, that's not usually the way it works.
Yes I'm bad at drawing. But you get the gist.
Because of Coraline (and really all the other amazing sweater patterns out there, such as Little Birds, Heartigan [not it's real name], Bridie, and Buttony) it's really enough inspiration to go learn to knit something.

Click HERE to see all posts tagged with knitcroblo2!

No comments:

Post a Comment