Other colors listed in Pantone's color forecast include lavender, salmon rose, super lemon, rose dust, slate grey, vibrant green, dark citron and lucite green. Notice how these are mostly bright colors. When it comes to bright, many are afflicted with the horrid 80's and end up looking like they walked out of a time machine.
If you want to stay trendy for this fall, but not look like a neon flashback, I recommend-
- Wear bright and neutral together. Don't look like a walking neon sign. Layer a bright with neutral shirt. A bright purple tank top under a white shirt, or a bright t-shirt under a dark hoodie works well.
- Wear bright accessories. My friend's brother owns these sick shoes that are black with neon splotches of paint. He chose to wear a black shirt with it, and looked rather nice instead of some freakish 80's teenager. Bright accessories add fun to your clothes. But remember. Less is more.
- Eye liner is your friend. If you're a little scared of bright clothing, do what I've been doing for years. Bright eye liner. It can be applied thick or thin, and if you choose the right shade, your eye color will pop. Urban Decay has great pencils, and L'Oreal HIP has these awesome gel pots. I use a purple liner for my brown eyes, and for special times, I use a teal one. Be smart and use lip balm. Not lipstick, not lip gloss. LIP BALM.
Is it sad that I was like "Purple Reign! I don't even care what this is about! It has a pun in the title so therefore I love it!"
ReplyDeleteBut the tips are greatly appreciated...I have this bright blue X-Men shirt and I don't exactly think it will be as stunning paired with the yellow sweater I had in mind! :D
The problem you have, mo, is you cover up any bright things you're wearing with a black northface. we don't care if it's bright if we CANT' SEE IT.
ReplyDeletebut your future looks promising
Kate- Hahahaha, the title came to me in a vision, but I'm glad you like it. And i typically make an exception for super heroes ;)
ReplyDeleteMollybear- The North Face will get significantly less wear this year due to an increase in sweaters and hoodies. Bright sweaters. A dark brown hoodie is the best I can do for you.