Tuesday, April 5, 2011

FO: Light Up My World aka Barbara Gordan

Nananananananana BATMAN. Or more accurate- Batgirl.

Pattern: Damson by Ysolda Teague
Yarn: Unplanned Peacock Studio Diva Sock in Canary, one skein
I purchased this yarn at the Pittsburgh Knit & Crochet Festival and I think it's fair to say it was love at first sight. After weeks of dreary gray weather, I had been on the hunt for the perfectbright yellow yarn. That warm sunshine-y shade that drags away the winter blues kicking and screaming into a closet and locks them away without a question. That yellow. Wandering around, I just hadn't found the yellow. Yellows were there indeed, but not the yellow. My companion stated to me, "The yellow will call to you." And indeed it did- in fact it screamed out like a siren under a pile of sock yarn.
The company, Unplanned Peacock Studio, had so much luscious yarn for a great price. The colors leaned towards the warm side, but they were indeed very gorgeous. I picked up the Diva Sock, which was divinely sock. Most likely the golden merino-cashmere-nylon blend. Knitting it up was pure joy, and it came out so soft and wonderful. My only gripe is that the color leaked, but luckily the shawl still retained its bright yellow.

Damson, like all of Ysolda's other patterns, is easy, fun and well written. The crescent shawl shape is becoming one of my favorites to wear, and I love it! I've waxed poetic about Miss Ysolda Teague, but she never stops amazing me. I'm debating knitting the Snapdragon tam (I actually despise tams, so it'll become a beanie instead if made) and mittens.
Anything yellow you've knit?

No comments:

Post a Comment