Sunday, September 26, 2010

FO: One Sheep, Two Sheep

One sheep, two sheep, red sheep, blue sheep?

Pattern: My own, inspired by Sheepish by Alana Dakos
Yarn: Cascade 220 in Gray Heather, Mallard, Natural and Black
Needles: US 7 circulars

Can I just gush to you guys for a minute how excited I am that this is my FIRST SWEATER?!? And I made it without a pattern! Like really. All I used was Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitting Without Tears (God bless her), Knitting Daily's Waist Shaping Calculator, my calculator and a pencil and a paper. I'm pretty pumped about this, and I can't wait to wear it out and about.
Of course, it's got flaws. When I finished it, the fit was incredibly poor. The sleeves were way toooo short (above my elbows!), the length was short (above my belt!) and it was tight and just plain uncomfortable. I wanted to cry. Luckily, I found the time to block it, and I did some MAJOR stretching. And it fits almost perfectly now! The sleeves and body could be longer, but I'm not complaining. It FITS!All in all, it's a pretty solid sweater, and I learned a lot about fit and ease. And to make everything longer than I expect. But for now, I have a pretty solid sweater with almost two full skeins of yarn left. And what is happening to those?

No comments:

Post a Comment