Thursday, May 13, 2010

FO: Ball of Sunshine Hat

This FO post is long over due, but better late than never right?

Pattern: Buttonhead by Lee Meredith
Yarn: Cascade 220 Wool in Yellow 7827, half to less of a skein.
Needles: US 7 double pointed needles.
I love this pattern! Even if it seems as though it's made for handspun, it worked great with commercial yarn. This hat may be my new stand by. This Sunday, it was roughly fifty degrees (I now believe in global warming or cooling, whatever) and this hat kept me perfectly warm, and fairly stylish. It was a nice, bright pop of color.As for the pattern itself, it's well written, and I love the custom sizing. I increased up to 104 stitches at a gauge of 5 stitches per inch. I purchased the beads from Jo-Ann's, and they look basic but up close they're detailed like little beads.

No comments:

Post a Comment