In the movie, Frances McDormand plays Guinevere Pettigrew, a governess fired from her job. In an effort to save herself, she steals a card from her employer's desk for a position to Delysia LaFlosse (played by Amy Adams), an upcoming actress. In the next 24 hours, Delysia and Miss Pettigrew go on an adventure that will lead them both to their true dreams.
Although this movie came out a while ago, it is definitely worth watching. The plot line is simply amazing, and the movie actually moves very quickly. The characters are well written, and the 1930's London era is set extremely well. The history of the time is not forgotten and even plays an important part of the story.
Adams' character is more than a shallow actress and it really allows you to connect with her. McDormand's no nonsense, sheltered Miss Pettigrew was also amazing. Supporting character, Edith (Shirley Henderson) was witty and had all the evil of Cruella Deville. In addition to the great characters, it was visually stunning. The colors were beautiful, and it really looked like 1930's London. I loved it. The chemistry between Delysia and her three lovers was well played, and you could see the type of relationship in each.
Overall, I would definitely recommend it. I loved the well written, funny story and the characters. If you enjoy the vintage era, Amy Adams, Pushing Daisies (LEE PACE IS UNAPPRECIATED), and a small pick me up, I would definitely recommend it.
No comments:
Post a Comment