Saturday, August 15, 2009

I Used To Love A Boy, Now I Love A Shampoo

My friend has this sunscreen
Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch SPF 45. Not only does it have a high SPF for her pale pale skin, it also smells INCREDIBLE. Like coconuts and bananas incredible. She also thinks it smells like something else, but we won't go into that something else right now. There's also a boy. And in an effort to flirt with said boy (this was so poorly planned) I asked him if the sunscreen smelled like this something else which he promptly responded: NO. So I don't know how to take that, but to cut my story short, the flirting attempt wasn't so great.
This is Lush. Lush is a beauty brand that boasts of being organic and vegan. They use sustainable products, and compost and all that good stuff. Their stuff is AMAZING. It's made fresh, and it smells phenomenal. Since they use all natural products, their fragrance oils are pure and free of all the synthetics. (I'm becoming a believer in natural things, but we'll get into that later.)
My mother automatically purchased the Godiva shampoo which smells like jasmines (her fave) and she's psyched to use it. It's also more orangey and not a weird gross looking yellow.
I bought the Trichomania shampoo and it smells like coconut cake (like the sunscreen.) The coconut smell is so powerful I nearly bit the block in hopes of it tasting creamy and delicious. It was love at first sight. It has coconut creme in it, which is said to moisturize the hair. The sales lady recommended it for my thick and curly hair (which is straightened into submission.) Their stuff is all solids, except for the lotions and a few shampoos. To put that into perspective: One bar saves you from using 3 150 ml. bottles. To use it, all you do is wet the block like a normal soap bar and lather up your hair. My only qualm is that it's incredibly expensive for a block of the size I got. It's $45.50 for a pound. I bought $8.17 worth, which is about 80 washes. Also expensive, but who cares?!? I have nice, soft, and luscious hair. That's better than flirting with a boy.

1 comment:

  1. Why didn't I witness this attempt?!
    Blasted percussion section...

    ReplyDelete