This yarn is very special stuff. This yarn is going into my first sweater. I adore sweaters. I love love love wearing them. That cozy warm feeling from a good wool sweater is like an artificial hug. I have a notebook, filled with ideas for sweaters. While I don't have the means/skills/yarn to knit them, it's really exciting to at least draw them out.
The yarn is Cascade 220, which, if you haven't heard, is my new favorite yarn. The blue, Mallard, is quite a stunner. It's blue with little flecks of green, it's so pretty to look at. Compared to Catkin (which I still can't get an accurate picture of, goddamnit!) it's much much darker, and less green too. I really like the heather gray as well. I have a special affinity for heathered gray sweaters. For some reason, they make me want to put on my glasses, and go to an old school college library with leather chairs and sofas and read a book on theoretical physics.
I just casted on last night, which was no easy feat and extremely boring. However, staring at Mallard was enough to distract because it's just so damn pretty.
No comments:
Post a Comment