Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day Seven: What A Yarn

Last day for the week! I'm glad you all (assuming you're there) stuck around to read! Today is about the yarn we want from afar. Since I'm still under my yarn diet (ALMOST FREE!) I have been craving yarn like no other. Two specifically.

The first is Madelinetosh. Madelinetosh was started in 2006. The philosophy is to create an artist's palette of colors. The yarns are natural fibers, and are dyed through multiple colors added in thin glazes. I've never tried madelinetosh, but it has one of the most beautiful color palettes I've ever seen. They're so rich and bright. My favorite is definitely Tart, which is a shade of bright, beautiful red. Ink and Fathom are beautiful shades of blue. I can just imagine an Onerva in Tart, or an Ishbel in Fathom. Alana Dakos' Cosette and Madelinetosh's Mara are lovely examples.
Nomnomnom, yarn candy

The second is Cascade. I am IN LOVE with Cascade 220. Once blocked, it's so soft and warm! My hat and mittens made out of Cascade are warmer than my Wool Ease. Compared to wool Ease, it's a better deal. $3 extra for 100% wool and 33 yards more. It comes in a wide range of colors as well. It's the perfect work horse yarn.

MJ's photo because I'm lazy.
Click here to see all posts tagged with knitcroblo7!

No comments:

Post a Comment