Saturday, January 23, 2010

FO: Grape Vines

Pattern: Quo Vadis by Spilly Jane
Needles: US 6
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease Worsted in Violet and Grey Heather, Lion Brand Vanna's Choice in Purple Print
My owl mitts are pretty much dying in front of me, so I decided to make a new pair (not to mention it's NaKniMitMo) and I love these mittens. I had to knit loose, and added with a needle size up, they're roomy on my hands. They're warm, and they add a nice pop of color to everything.
I don't really mind the after thought thumb, although it makes fitting while knitting a little difficult. Plus, long tail cast on has become my new favorite cast on.

I probably should've picked different colors for the vines, but it doesn't look that bad if you look at it from a distance. It looks pretty good on a computer screen too.

Pretty cute in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment