Sunday, December 20, 2009

FO: Indian Summer

View ladies and gentlemen, the magic of following directions
Pattern: Foliage by Emilee Mooney
Yarn: Malabrigo Merino Worsted in Garnet
This is the second Foliage I've ever made. The first one (first picture) was variegated yarn, and we all know what that does when knitted up *shiver* But with this one, I used pretty Malabrigo, which never screws up, unless it's variegated in which case, you've got quite a shitstorm on your hands.
This hat isn't really a winter hat but it's so adorable, thick, squishy and warm. But I think since it's chunky it might be able to handle it. Worsted would be creamed. I also made the wise decision of using the recommended needle sizes (11's are not the same as 10.5's.) And for the bind-0ff, I used Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off, which is surprisingly stretchy (hehehehe) and doesn't pinch my head like a regular bind off.

1 comment:

  1. "I look like Bob Marley."

    I will never forget that day, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete