I love American Eagle. Really, I do. Their clothes may be generic and uncreative and blahblahblah whatever, but I really like them. The quality doesn't suck (except for that sweater with a hole in it) and they have really nice colors and their styling is pretty awesome. But this...this is utterly ridiculous. A few months ago, I bought a pair of
classy horseback riding boots (Franco Sarto Artist Collection) on sale from Nordstrom. I went into American Eagle, because everyone knows with boots, you need skinny jeans, but of course I went for a pair of boot cuts. (Slim Boots by American Eagle, I love you so much) A sales girl noticed my bag and began telling me (rather annoyingly, cause I just wanted some pants not a lecture on shoes) about AE's new collection of boots, which were apparently designed by the same people who designed Nordstrom's shoe collection. I was perusing the website, when I came across
this.Now tell me something, how did someone who designed something like this-

Design something like this? Are you the yeti monster? NO. Do you live in Antartica? NO. I understand parts of the United States get pretty cold but REALLY? There's much better options (L.L. Bean, I'm looking at you) than looking like you just came out from your 30 year exile in Siberia where you were dropped off naked and forced to kill animals so then you wouldn't freeze to death. And really this isn't the only crime against shoes.

It's only OK to wear these if your dressing up as the Tinman's girlfriend for Halloween.

In conclusion, make smart shoe choices. That means purchasing nice, classy, gorgeous boots. It's winter time! Take advantage! There's so many out there!
PS- Ladies, do not buy Uggs or Emus or whatever. You are not an Eskimo. Men have actually said "Why are you wearing dead rabbits on your feet?" And don't justify it by telling me it's warm. Warm boots exist or wear thicker socks.
Suede boots are loooovely, but they are SO inconvenient in the snow because they stain like *clever staining metaphor here*
ReplyDeleteBUT. The Attila the Hun boots can go die. Along with all Uggs. I just see no point. Okay, I sense a rant starting here so I best go...
hahahahaha
ReplyDelete