Monday, September 7, 2009

Souls on Fire

So a few days ago, I blogged about how I was going to the yarn store and how I'm really excited and blah blah blah. Well guess what. I've been swindled.By this skein of yarn. Malabrigo Sock in Azules. This yarn coerced me from the minute I spotted it on the shelf, and I forked over a redonkulous $19 for it (yes I know. I justify it by thinking that there's makeup more expensive than this, and that stuff runs out fast, but this yarn should stay for close to forever") My soul is burning from the thought of buying this (hence the title)
It's the most gorgeous skein of yarn I've ever purchased in my entire life. Making socks with this yarn is the equivalent of committing murder. This yarn deserves to be petted and stared at for long stretches of time. It's soft and just so pretty.
The color is incredible. It looks like my favorite pair of dark wash jeans all wrapped into a single yarn. It's dark blue, then lighter, then indigo and really, it's quite beautiful. Also, no matter how peeved you are at paying for yarn, LET THE NICE PEOPLE AT THE STORE WIND IT INTO A BALL. You will throw hissy fits if you think you can do it yourself. Just let the nice people stick it on the ball winder and make a nice little ball for you. Believe me, life will be much easier if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment